As I said in my last post, this was the first room we renovated big-style. The whole process was pretty new to me....and I was pregnant with twins at the time. Not the calmest period of my life!

After playing around with lots of ideas, I knew I wanted to go for a Modern Country style bedroom (see inspiration photos) and for our bed, piled with pillows and gorgeousness, to be the main focus of our master bedroom. Possibly, the fact that I was absolutely shattered during that pregnancy helped with the appeal of the bed! It's a mahogany sleigh bed, the very first piece of furniture we ever splashed out on. It's eleven years old now but is aging beautifully!

I thought a picture would look great above the headboard but wanted nothing too big because of the asymmetric slope of the ceiling. I chose this restful photo by Jeff Teasdale called Westwater #1. Not quite black and white, yet not quite colour, I love the way it tones in with the feel of the room.

At the end of the bed, is an old leather suitcase. This is great for storing winter bedding during the summer, as well as for adding a vintage note to the room.

I'm especially thrilled with the bed cover/ quilt (there must surely be a better name than this!). It's total luxury. It's made from thick velvet and silk and makes you feel like a princess at night (always a good thing!). The colour is officially 'Dusk', which translates as browny-grey. It's lush!

Colour-wise, I chose: white, brown, Farrow and Ball's Light Blue and a couple of touches of black. It was in here that I first started to appreciate the look of a limited palette. There's nothing bitty in this room. Blocks of muted colour are what I like best.

We even chose a Modern Country Style bin! I'm obsessed with getting the details in place!

A peaceful master bedroom is just the ticket with baby twins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top