Fancy a tour of a Modern Country Victorian villa? You're just in time!

In we come, to a smallish hallway, typical of this period. By keeping the woodwork and flooring white and using a large mirror to make the most of all that natural light pouring in through the front door, any feeling of pokiness is kept well at bay....though I'm not a fan of bare lightbulbs....


Then we come into the large kitchen dining room, which sets the tone for the rest of the house. The owners have used reclaimed items wherever possible. I love the large-scale dresser. 


  This villa has the standard Victorian layout but I love seeing how different owners of this type of house manage to create their own distinctive stamp on their home. 



Just look at the way the muted colour-palette runs right the way through the house. Predominately greige and white with accents of warm wood, the feeling of harmony leads you from one beautifully designed room to the next.


 On the other side of the hall is the living room, which contains one of my all-time favourite styles of sofa....the Howard. Those curvy arms, that sink-into-me back. I LOVE them and predict they'll be classics for all eternity. 



 The garden is a wonderfully informal take on a classically formal style. I think they've designed what is really a very small space indeed with utter panache, don't you?



 Let's return inside now and take a peek upstairs. 

Just look at this girl's bedroom! Rather topically, given my last three posts, they've combined a wooden sliegh bed with painted furniture. And doesn't it look pretty?




 I love the period style of the bathroom. The colour on the walls is heavenly. As an aside, I'm never quite convinced that roll-top baths are as comfy to soak in as they are beautiful to look at. I shall have to do extensive research!!


 Then up a mini flight of stairs...not forgetting to admire the turned spindles and mahogany banisters....


  to the Master bedroom....


All the rooms have lovely large windows and this is no exception...


 I think there's just time to put our feet up and share our thoughts together over a cuppa, And then I might take a little nap on that there chaise longue...bliss....



Images via The Shoot Factory


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top