In our girls' bedroom, we had quite the quandary over whether or not to paint the furniture. This post is dedicated to five reasons to plunge for the paint.
1. Paint can lift a dark room that doesn't receive much natural light.
2. Peeling paint is a classic way to create character.
3. Using chalk paints, such as Annie Sloan, allows you to add a feeling of age to even relatively new pieces, though I'd always suggest starting with good quality furniture.
4. Paint can unite disparate collections. If you have an oddball table, paint it to tie in with something else in the room for instant unity.
5. Pristine white furniture can up the smart-factor in any room.
And for top tips and inspiration about the transformative power of paint, have you checked out my Beginner's Guide To Painting Furniture?
Images via: Unknown, House to Home, Ana Cordeiro, Desde My Ventana, 25 Beautiful Homes, Unknown, Cabbages and Roses, Elle Decor, Cabbages and Roses, Tia Zolden, Decor Pad, Nicety, Mesa De Juegos