Hi lovelies.

We had an awesome weekend.

Family, friends, food and frolics. Perfect.


And I've been a busy little bee, purging, binning and sorting. A whole load of tat seems to have entered our house unrequested.

Tat has a habit of doing that, I find. How rude. ;-)

I suspect the kiddiewinks are the culprits. How many scraps of paper can one child need, I ask you?

Yes, I have officially entered purging season...when I whip myself into a frenzy of throwing-away-everything-in-sight!

Do you do that too?


Welcome back to our Kitchen Makeover.

I've completed Step 1: Kitchen-Foraging (which you can see here and here).

Today is Step 2: Narrowing Your Choices.

Here's how I go about it:

 I collect together all my inspiration images. I wait a couple of weeks and then I go through them again to check they all still score nine out of ten or above and bin any that don't meet the grade.

Yep, sometimes I accidentally let an eight out of ten slip in there.

Gasp!


Then I spread them out on the table in front of me and have a good, long look at them to spot any themes that occur across the board.

This is the best way I've found to narrow down what I really, reeeeeeeally like, as opposed to what is currently catching my fashion-eye. My aim is to try and create a kitchen that encompasses as much as possible of what I love. And will adore for a long time to come.


Here's a collection of some of the inspiration images that I've gathered like a naughty magpie.

So....what have they got in common?

♥ Love ♥

Shaker-Style Doors
Blocks of Colour - very little pattern
Neutral shades
Uncluttered
Wooden Units
Modern Country styling
Worktops made from natural materials.
♥ Love ♥

{Yes... I've just learnt to do that heart-thang, which is why those li'l hearts are popping up all over at the moment.}



Now that I have a list of specifics to concentrate on, I can plan my kitchen around them as much as possible......rather than scrabbling around and ending up with a hotch-potch of all the different styles I love; this way should bring out one cohesive look.

And now a little reality check....


Two words:

Egg

and

Yolk....


{What would *you* do with this room?}


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top