Hooray! You're back! And I'm back too! It's time again to settle into our lovely cosy chairs and have a gorgeous chitchat over a cup of steaming, milky tea and a cranberry and white chocolate cookie...

or three.....

I've missed you.


So....where was I? Aaaaaah, yes, I was over at Vanessa's at Southern In My Heart and I loved the way she shared a recap of the last year. 

{Good thinking, Batman.} 

I thought I'd blatantly copy her post and show my own li'l summary. And I get to show off my new blog trick....just click on a photo that takes your fancy and it'll take you to that particular post (or group of posts). Cool, eh?!


When we moved into our Edwardian house in the Cotswolds, we knew it that each needed a complete renovation. Each room takes a lot of planning to undo all the bleurgh-ness that's been added in the past. 

But do I mind? NO! I love it! I utterly adore planning every single last detail.

So far, I've shared how we've renovated our Family bathroom, Master bedroom and kitchen.

Here's the Master Bedroom's before images from the Estate Agents details:



And, with a flick of the magic paintbrush, here's the after...


The bedroom needed a total structural overhaul. We changed almost every little thing.


It's my haven. My sanctuary.


This is the first and only piece of furniture I've painted. I'm a total novice in that department but I hope to learn from some of my favourite blogs like Shell's Shabby Shack and Signal Hill Interiors this year.


In the kitchen, the units were good quality Shaker-style and in excellent condition but everything else was not remotely to my taste so we essentially did a DIY makeover here.  




I love our family bathroom now. It was fitted by the previous owners shortly before we moved in so we've worked around it. I've kept the tiles and fixtures but changed everything else. 



I've given you glimpses of our cottage-style garden (which is gorgeous...ummm....if you look past the climbing frames and tricycles).




I've shared tutorials for crafts that I've been learning along the way.....remember to click on any photos that take your fancy to be teleported to the tutorial or to see where I put my new craft toy.

There's been cushions....



Framed 1930s postcards....


Vintage-style votive holders...


A Cinnamon and Heart Garland....



Vintage Scrabble Tile Magnets...


And, of course, I had wreaths virtually coming out of my ears after making so many for Modern Country Style Wreath Week....


So, that's just a taster of what I've been up to over the past seven months.
What's to come, you want to know? Oooooh.....you'll have to wait and see....but I can reveal that it'll be chockablock full of Modern Country Style....

 


I'm linking to some party fabulousness from my sidebar....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top