Okay, I'm going to have to ask you to trust me. Can you do that?

Close your eyes and give me your hands....

I'm taking you in to the dining room for you to see how I've arranged the vintage-style Candle Jars.
Keep those eyes tightly shut...

Okay....?

Three....

Two....Nearly there.....don't peep, now!

One....

.....


Well......? What do you think? The flickering warmth of the candles feels almost magical, doesn't it?

{For how to make these, click here}


When we have people round for a meal in the evening during the darker months, I often light the room like this. I find candlelight so beautiful.


Can you see the Candle Jars looking so gorgeous on the mantelpiece?


Look at the way the fire makes the old pages appear. It gives them a new kind of ethereal beauty.


The words on the pages stand out from their background and almost seem to dance in the glow of the heat.


They glow from within....


I love the contrast of the different candlesticks here.

The warmth of the mercurised-glass....


The rough coarseness of these larger ones standing on the hearth....


The scrumptious curves of this hurricane lamp....


And of course the simple jam-jars dressed in their finery....


I wish you could be here to see it. It looks so lovely. So, so lovely. Warm and cosy and snuggly.

We could chat away for hours face to face over a lovely warming dinner together. Wouldn't that be grand?




PS I'm linking up to my favourite parties in the sidebar including:

The DIY Show Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top