What are you doing out there in the cold? Come on in! The kettles just boiled and there's a wodge of chocolate fudge cake if you're interested?....Oh, you are!? Great, then I'll join you.


I'd love to show you where I put my new homemade cushion. It's in our living room. I'm not sure you've been in here much and there's a very good reason for that. It's one of the rooms that we haven't touched yet.

It's where the 'leftover' furniture goes. Last Chance Saloon for this stuff...


It seemed crazy to do up this room when our children were quite so little.

New sofas plus twins? Errr....no.


I was so excited to share this project with you. It was one of those moments when I could hear the cogs of my mind working....."I could do this....and I could make THAT"! I'm so thrilled with how it turned out.


Yesterday, I covered one of sofas with the (faux) fur throw that we use on our bed on the cooler summer evenings

I took off the four large cushion that the sofa came with and added my homemade ones.

I was amazed at how different it made the whole room look.


And how much I wanted to snuggle up on that sofa now.

It's so soft and cosy.


So warm and welcoming.


Our kittens LOVE it! 


I think they love the softness of the fur on their little tummies.


The cushions all tie in together colour-wise.

I know what you're thinking....I like my bits and bobs of redness, don't I?!

 I like their different textures.


There's the warm, snuggly wool of the cushions I upcycled from a cardigan (1,2 and 3), the crisps linen of the smaller cushion, the firm softness of the felt heart cushion and the cool smoothness of my new cotton cushion.

Thank you so much for your lovely commenting yesterday. Every time one of you says 'pants' for trousers, I have a little chuckle to myself. In England, 'pants' means underwear, you see.

Yes, I have the sense of humour of a three-year old, I know.


I hope you have the most BRILLIANT day. It's been so lovely to have you round once again.

*Warm hug*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top