I was overtaken by a huge wave of 'festive nostalgia' as I posted a photograph of our last years eco-friendly Ganesha on Facebook this morning. Instead of basking in it too long I decided to celebrate my favorite God and festival the Minnesotan way!

Rummaging through drawers I found a small packet of sandalwood powder tablets that I seem to have brought from India along with few incense sticks.

Thus in the late afternoon today in my kitchen I decided to mould my dear Ganesha with fragrant sandalwood powder, turmeric and water and captured the process to share with all of you.


The paste took form gradually...

...and a pebble forms His throne.


Peppercorns and cloves...

Vibrant colours enhance the features...

I 'paint my prayers' on a pebble and offer it to the Lord.


In the absence of my favorite Frangipanis I offer Him flora from here, a few pine cones, acorns and grass from my front yard.

Wishing all of you a very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi from Minnesota! May Lord Ganesha remove all your obstacles and shower his blessings on all of you!

P.S. The readers who entered in the Artnlight Blog Anniversary Giveaway, do stay tuned as Vineeta Nair announces the winner on 19th September, 2012.

(Images by Arch)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top